Updated: Mar 16
Following the very successful photography and painting competition last year, which saw over 100 entries, we’re pleased to launch ‘Spring in the Woods’.
This is an opportunity to get the whole family involved, enjoying our beautiful countryside and the tranquility of the woodlands. At this time of year, we can appreciate the birdsong, greenery and colour making an appearance again after the Winter. It really is a magical time of year in the woods.
How to take part:
Has lockdown inspired you to dig out your watercolours or have you started writing poetry? Perhaps you are a budding wildlife photographer or a musician bursting with ideas inspired by nature? Well this is the perfect competition for you!
‘Spring in the Woods’ is open to your own interpretation. You could enter a poem or a painting, a song or even a rap! Whatever gets those creative juices flowing.....
The competition is open to anyone that loves nature! There will be three age groups – age 0-7, age 8-18 and age 18+.
The competition is open from 15th March to 16th April 2021.
It’s easy to take part, just post your entry to our Facebook group (please note this is a private group so you’ll need to ask to join before being able to post), or twitter feed. Be sure to use the hashtags #SussexSpringWatch #SaveLoxwoodWoods and remember to tag @stoploxwoodclaypit. Please include your name and a title for your entry (remember to include your child’s name and age if entering on behalf of them).
Not on social media? No problem!. You can still enter by emailing your creation to email@example.com and we'll upload to the social channels on your behalf.
We are pleased to welcome Kim Venter as a judge. Kim is a local teacher and artist and runs a popular art club for children. We are also delighted that 60’s icon, fashion model and photographer Pattie Boyd will help us judge the entries.
- signed copy of Pattie Boyd's photography exhibition catalogue
- case of wine from Wines Select
- distillery tour for two at Portsmouth Distillery Company
- voucher from John Murray Butcher
- photography prize from Sian T Photography
For the children there is a
· fantastic Kids’ gardening set
· an art and writing workshop with Kim Venter
- a beebomb handmade wildflower seed ball from Flowers by Juliette
Thank you to the local businesses who have generously donated prizes.
A full list of prizes will be announced on social media. If you're a local business and would like to support the competition with a prize too, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
So put on your wellies, take a walk in the woods and be inspired! We can’t wait to see your artistic ideas start flooding in. Good luck everyone!
Full Terms & Conditions:
● Entry to the competitions is free.
● The arts competition is open to everyone.
● Maximum one entry each, you can also enter on behalf of a child.
● All entries submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them.
● If you are under 16, you must have permission from your parent or guardian to enter.
● Your details will not be passed on to any third party without your permission.
● By submitting an entry to this competition, entrants agree that Stop the Clay Pit.org reserves the right to free reproduction and exhibition of the image or written entry in all media.
● Entries will be credited if an image is used in the future. The copyright of submission remains with the creator.
● Digital adjustments are acceptable; the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. However, major changes of content are not allowed.
● The competition will be judged by Kim Venter and Pattie Boyd.
● The organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final.
● There will be a first, second and third prize per category, details to be announced. Some prizes are only suitable for those over the age of 18.
● Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
● To be valid for a prize, entries must be posted to the Facebook or Twitter group with the hashtags #SussexSpringWatch #SaveLoxwoodWoods and tag @stoploxwoodclaypit.or emailed to email@example.com for upload to the social feeds.
● Entries must include your name, a title for the creation and age if submitting for a child. Eg. Joe Bloggs, Bluebells, Spring
● All entries to be submitted by 23.00 on Friday 16th April 2021.
● Please remember to keep to the public footpaths whilst you are enjoying the open spaces.
● Good luck and have fun and enjoy our local, beautiful countryside!